The Australian Open Grand Slam is one of the Biggest Event's in the Australian Sporting Calendar. In conjunction with Tennis Australia, P&O Cruises has a 5 night Australian Open Cruise from Sydney to get you there in style. Why fly to Melbourne when you can Cruise!
Arriving at the business end of the Grand Slam, the fares includes access to Hisense Arena and the outer courts of Melbourne Park. Upgrades to Rod Laver Area are also available as a priority for P&O Cruises before they are released to the general public.
P&O Australian Open Cruises depart from Sydney only at this stage. Please check back in the future for any Australian Open Cruises from Brisbane.
Australian Open Cruises Departing Sydney 2020
Some Facts about the Australian Open
- The tournament was first played in 1905, at Warehouseman's Cricket Ground (St Kilda Rd Melbourne)
- Due to the long distance, the tournament did not attract foreign players until 1946.
- Formally held on Grass Courts, it was not until 1988 that the championship came to be held on hard courts.
- The Grand Slam Event of the Asia Pacific is held at Melbourne Park on the banks of the Yarra River, in Melbourne.
- 2015 prize money in was $40,000,000 (AUD)
- Over 700,000 people attended the Championship in 2015
Australian Open Cruises are the perfect Summer Holiday for the whole family. Don’t miss your chance to see the Grand Slam of the year! Book your Australian Open cruise before they sell out.